Pools are opening. Beaches are bustling. BBQs are sizzling. The holiday weekend is almost here, and summer is just around the corner. Are you ready to step out with the perfect pair of sunglasses? The hottest styles are all right here—ready to hit the beach, the streets, and everywhere you go in your suns this summer.
Check out our roundup of the best sunglasses to help you look amazing this weekend and all season long. If you’re looking for a deal: Read to the end of this post for details about Cohen’s limited-time Sunglass Sale (four days only this Memorial Day Weekend!).
1) Think big. Oversize women’s sunglasses are hot right now. You, too, can look like a Kardashian with oversized aviators, wayfarers, or butterfly-shaped lenses. Available in a range of shapes and styles, from square to candy-striped, these big-statement sunglasses ruled the fashion runways in early 2016 with their elegant glam look.
2) Details, details. With these sunglass frames it’s all about the detailing—from subtle texturing to not-so-subtle rhinestones and floral motifs. Don’t be afraid to go for a little bling this season: gold and glitter are having their moment on sunglass frames. Or enjoy the subtlety of an engraved design that gives your shades a bit of distinction.
3) Fly high. Aviators are being reimagined in a wide array of sunglasses for men. Round-lens aviators have a feel that’s both retro and futuristic, while some aviators go the other direction with squared-off edges. Also look for variations such as metal bridges and translucent frames for a modern retake of the classic aviator look.
4) A is for acetate. In both women’s and men’s sunglasses, acetate is having a moment. Strong yet lightweight and flexible, this hypoallergenic, plant-based plastic can be translucent and tinted or opaque and richly colored. Check out this season’s two-toned acetate frames: opaque at the top and clear at the bottom for a fun, fresh twist.
5) Wood you? Wood-textured sunglasses, particularly in men’s styles, have a warm, natural feel that’s irresistibly stylish. You’ll find faux wood frames (or “wood grain” styles) inspired by real wood, as well as frames fashioned from authentic bamboo, zebra wood, ebony, and mahogany.
Consider the above just a taste of the season’s best sunglasses. To get the whole picture, come into your neighborhood Cohen’s and browse with the assistance of a Cohen’s Eyestylist who can help you match the latest styles to your face, budget, and taste.
Sunglasses for a steal. Kick off summer in style with Cohen’s Memorial Day Weekend Sale: $20 Off Rx and non-Rx Sunglasses! Savings is valid for just four days: May 27–31, 2016. Don’t miss out: Get your coupon now.
Find a Store