It’s that time of year – you made it through the winter doldrums, you’re starting to notice flowers en route to class, and you can finally hang out outside. What’s even better is that it’s also time for festival season! Are visions of your favorite bands/djs, grassy knolls, Ferris wheels and flower crowns coming to mind? If so, you’re probably reaching for your sunglasses to pack with the rest of your festival necessities.
But wait, did you happen to loose them on spring break or did your sorority sister “forget them” again? Have no fear; your eyewear queen is here! Cohen’s Fashion Optical offers a wide array of optical-quality sunglasses, in both prescription and non-prescription lenses. Not to mention they stock an impressive collection of sunglasses frames from world-class designers such as Tom Ford, Michael Kors, Gucci, Fendi, Valentino, Prada, Maui Jim, Ray Ban, Nike, Lacoste, Oakley, Calvin Klein, Cazal and Dolce & Gabbana.
And what’s even better? Cohen’s has recently launched a program called EyeCampus with you in mind. Simply bring in your college ID and receive a 30% off student discount on all frames, designer and prescription sunglasses included. Let them build your personalized sunglasses look from start to finish, combining custom sun protection, vision correction, comfort and style. Yes, it’s as easy as microwavable mac n’ cheese.
Now back to visions of swaying in the sun. What will you be packing? I spoke to various college students and found out all about their music festival must-haves:
- A fanny pack or money belt. “Dancing with a bag is no fun.” Nor is losing said bag. Bring something hands-free to store your id, credit card, cash and Chap Stick.
- Don’t forget to also put hand sanitizer and a pack of baby wipes in your fanny pack because, well, Porta-potties.
- A solar battery charger. Not being able to capture moments from your best day ever is “not cool” and since Mother Nature doesn’t provide outlets, a solar powered charger is necessary if you want to stay connected.
- Camping? Continue the good vibes with music, portable mini speakers and multiple lighters. If you’re ready to hit the hay, don’t forget a few pairs of disposable earplugs.
- “Sunburns suck.” Yes, yes they do. Be sure to bring a foldable, easy-to store hat and sunscreen to ensure you can soak up the sun safely.
- Extra clothes and shoes. Rain happens and after you’re done dancing in the rain, you’ll want to change into something dry. PS. Don’t forget zip-lock bags to store your clothes. PPS. “Stay away from rompers.” Well, because, porta-potties.
- Sunglasses- “at least one pair!” Sunglasses are always “a must-have.”
So there you have it, whether you’re lucky enough to check our Coachella or a local music fest, sunglasses should be by your side to show off your style and yes, even to help you handle a hangover. Talk about a good friend! And don’t forget, come into any local Cohen’s Fashion Optical, whip out your college ID and receive 30% just for being you.